Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows doesnt start!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreviento

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
My computer is broken.When I try to start it (I'm not on it!) it says that windows failed to start properly[sadeyes]. If I move the hard drive to another computer as master it of course does the same. It obviously works fine as slave, but the computer I have it on is hella[ old and I can't reformat it because of the info on it[mad]. I have a new Seagate 120 GB hard drive, but the system restore disks for my computer don't work. Is there anything I can do other than buy a new XP and install it on my new drive?? I'm only 14 so I don't know that much and would really appreciate an answer.

You could just copy the data you can't lose while you have it hooked up under slave, since you say you know how to do that. Then you don't have to worry about losing it.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Thanx, I tried safe mode and last know config but it just restarted. I am just going to get someone w/ a copy of windows to install it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back