Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegabe1974

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
US
I have a customer that is having problem. She has 2 different offices and in her secondary office she keeps getting a " Windows - Delayed Write Failed " The database guy says it's a network issue but when I use the PC I never have any issues. But I also never use the Database she uses. The PC has been remimaged and replaced.I have used a Fluke DSP-4000 Cable Analyzer and the Jack,Cable and Patch panel all test clean.

I was wondering if anyone has used a network monitor tool that you install on a client pc to check for connection drops/packet loss..

I've seen this problem with shared file databases like Access. Access always thinks it's writing to a local disk, so any unexpected delays can cause this.

You said it's a 'secondary' office. What kind of link do you have between offices?

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

have you looked at the event viewer under the system tab to see if any errors or warnings occurred with details about "check cable" etc.?

sam

Are all machines involved fully updated and running the latest ServicePacks?

Error message and events are logged in the System log when you try to compress a large file on an NTFS volume in Windows XP, in Windows 2000, or in Windows Server 2003: "Delayed Write Failed"

What else is showing up in the various Event Viewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back