Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows command button acting wierdly

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2001
US
hi,
i have a app in VB6 that has few command control button on the UI. I have seen that when i load the program on some winXP machines, the button lose their actual place. I know they are placed in one specific order, still they just move places. I can go and load the same thing on another machine, things are fine. Is there anything I can check on the machine to find out why this behavior.

I have a guess... If I create a form with a frame and start placing objects on that frame, then later add a few other controls that 'appear' to be on the frame, but are actually not, then those controls will be oriented towards the forms placement and not the frames placement. Is this possible" If you have any code that adjusts size / location based on screen resolution, etc. ??

Code: Where the vision is often rudely introduced to reality!

thx Trevil for the input but this wont explain why on some machines and not on all. I will check what vladk has suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back