Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows cannot connect to domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveDingle

Programmer
Jul 26, 2004
GB
Hello All,
I've had this problem for about 6 months, posted awhile ago, never found a fix thought I would try again.

XP Client/Windows 2003 Server - Home network, only 2 PC connected, only 1 has the problem.

Sometimes, not always, when I re-boot and login I have the following problem getting in.. it always the same.

1) I type in my password, hit enter, immediately get back "Windows cannot connect...". This will happen 4 or 5 times, no more, no less.

2) 5th or 6th time, there is a pause, loging screen is "dsiabled" as if I'm getting in , then about 10 secs later - "Windows cannot connect..."

3) 6th or 7th try... all is fine and I can connect no problem.

As I said this happen about 50% of the time, other times it works fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Toodles,
Steve Dingle
D&S Business Solutions Ltd

I just wanted to add that I'm sure that it is not an issue of me typing in the wrong PW because I have figured a way to shorten the process slighty by using "x" as the PW when I first see the "cannot connect" message. This allows me to loop through the 4-5 iterations abit quicker. Then when I finally get the "The system cannote log you in..." I know to type in the correct PW

Thanks

Toodles,
Steve Dingle
D&S Business Solutions Ltd

Hello,

Does the event log on the client computer mention any problems, during the time you are trying to connect.

If you have a domain setup, when you have logged in, try removing the computer from the domain and adding it again.
There may be an issue with the computer account, ive seen this before.

/Fandab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back