Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows API CopyFileEx vs. WebClient.DownloadFile Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorwen

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
US
I need to show multiple file copies and the progress of each copy with progress bars. I have done something like this before when downloading from the web using a WebClient. I was trying to do this with the windows API CopyFileEx, but the information I found on this (in two places) must be old as it does not work correctly. Rather than waste more time trying to fix it I was just going to modify my download file progress I made using a WebClient to work for this.

My question is there any problems anyone can think of with doing it by this method? I did a quick test and at least for just the copy portion it worked fine, but I wanted to check if someone might know differently.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Should I take it my god like programming genius stuns everyone to silence or no one has an opinion on this?

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.
-My kingdom for a edit button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back