Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows and internet explorer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffocate83

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
when i try to open ANYTHING to do with explorer (ex: internet explorer, windows explorer, "My Computer" etc...) the cursor loads the hourglass like it is going to load explorer, then the hourglass goes away. the system sits for about 45 seconds to 90 seconds. the page/folder/my computer finally opens. opening folders, once explorer is running, is like normal.

i have tried running spybot s&d, ad-aware multiple times, and also virus scans with multiple softwares. still the problem remains. i even did a "repair" installation of windows.

hope someone can help.

Dave Williams
Network Administration Student
productofeuphio@netscape.net

What service pack have u installed, are u on a network?

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

In these circumstances you should always check the Event Log first. Go to Programs > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and look through the Application and System logs for errors.

If there are any, note down the EventID number and go to This is a great resource for solving problems.

Regards,

ok, i tried everything i thought of. i bit the bullet and just re-installed XP. backed up all data and did a fresh install. i kind of wanted to start fresh again anyways.

thanks for the help though!

Dave Williams
Network Administration Student
productofeuphio@netscape.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back