Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Account regularly locks on IIS driven intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwintech

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
GB
Hi

We are running a intranet fired up by IIS 5.0 (windows 2k)and have encountered a bizarre problem with one of my users. This user only has access to a certain part of the intranet but every time he brings up the appropriate URL - he is prompted for a password BUT his account locks out regardless of the password he enters. He has perfect permissions on the folder level (for those asp pages) and I suppose somehow the propogation of his security is being corrupted. We have a 3 attempt lockout policy - this seems like a 0 attempt lock up policy. I have set IIS to enable anonymous use and have integrated windows authentication-but rely on windows security (on a file level) to govern access to pages on the intranet.

Would greatly appreciate any help or ideas

We are having a similiar problem with IIS, accept given enough time more and more people become locked out of sites. We also have the login problem just as you described.

So far we have been able to fix the problem but restarting the IIS service once every few days.

We have premier support with MS. That told us that yes this is a problem, restart the IIS service. Lots of help here.

Anyone else suffering from this problem.

PS:
I want to go back to Netware web serices. We had so few problems and were able to run everything on one server. Now we have 6 MS servers performing the same job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back