Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 9x and Virus Scan TC - Account Lockouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1koolkat

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
GB
I have a few users still running windows 9x with virus scan TC which is managed from an ePO server. The majority of these clients are on seperate NT domains (ABC) whilst the ePO server is on a windows 2000 domain (XYZ). They have accounts on both the ABC domain and the XYZ domain (don't ask me why, before my time!)

In order to retrieve email, connect to the intranet or the internet these users have to connect to domain XYZ. As soon as they connect, their account on XYZ are locked even though the passwords are the same and XP and 2000 clients on the same domain have no problem.

I have made sure users are only connected to a single PC and log out from all other PCs but the problem does not seem to have dissappeared. The epoagent for the domain ABC is also configured as ABC\<username> with the username being an account on the ABC domain.

Has anyone experienced this problem and can anyone come up with some suggestions. Network Associates are their normal useless selves!

I forgot to point out that the reason i suspect the antivirus software is that as soon as the VS TC is removed, the accounts stop locking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back