Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 will not load program from CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayddd

MIS
Nov 24, 2002
I am trying to load a program for an HP external CD drive to back up my laptop. When I insert the program CD it will not automatically bring up the screen so that I can perform the install. I have tried loading it from the CONTROL PANEL- ADD/REMOVE . I have also tried loading it from the START-RUN- E:\SETUP.EXE . Nothing seems to work. Is it possible that I have some setting wrong ?
Thanks for any help.

Is your OS configurated correctly? How are you introducing this external drive? Regards

Phil

Please tell me if the answer I gave was helpful or a bus ride out. Without your feedback I won't know.

I let Windows 98 detect the new USB connection and tried to install drivers from this routine. This installed the driver but when I try to save something my new drive is not one of the choices given.

When I installed this external drive to another desktop computer running W98 earlier this year it automatically came up with an install program as soon as I put in the CD.
Using this install program that comes on the CD it worked perfectly.

I am just wondering why the install program does not come up when I put the CD in.

Thanks

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back