Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 user on a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2001
US
One of my users uses his laptop, how would i go about either adding him to the 2000 domain or allowing him to use the shared printer on one of the 2000 workstations when he isnt on the domain? When i try to add the printer to the 98 machine it asks me for a password for some shared folder $IPC i belive... if anyone know please let me know... thanks

Mike

Go into your network settings and then into properties of Client for Microsoft Networking and then have the computer log into the domain.

When the computer restarts it will ask for Username and Password to log onto the Network.

This computer is now logged onto the domain and has access to all the resources that user has rights to.

Or you can add Everyone group to those shares and printers so anybody and everybody has access to it. this opens a hugh security risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back