Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 98 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyn

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
US
I was trying to remove my HP scanner files and may have accidentally removed
files related to my my printer driver. In reinstalling it, I can get the
HPprinter to work with Word Perfect only, but when I try to use MS Word, I
get a message that the printer driver is missing or not valid. This happens
in MS Word only, some of my saved MS files are now saved in a different
format. Please help!

You need to make the following steps:

1- remove Printer & Scaner drivers in your PC
2- Reinstall Office
3- Install Printer and Scaner Drivers

Bye
Alex master Hardware
cm2gj@hotmail.com

How do i reinstall MS word when it was preinstalled on my computer?

The short answer is use your MS Office CD-ROM! However, I suspect that the supplier of your PC has failed to give you the disk for this software - go back to them and complain! Increasingly computer companies no longer supply customers with the wherewithall to correct faults or add protocols etc., with new machines. If you don't have or can't get the MS Office disk from whoever supplied the machine (whichever version it might be), you are to put it bluntly, stuffed I'm afraid... Maybe you have a very very nice friend who will lend you his/her disk - don't forget you'll need the CD KEY number which the installation will ask for when you install again.

Keep smiling.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

You might check to see if you have the detect and repair option under control panel- add / remove programs- for Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back