Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 98 printer sharing with intranetware

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlod

MIS
Nov 3, 1999
US
I am having trouble setting up a shared printer on a windows 98 machine. How does Win 98 actually let intranetware(4.11) know that a remote printer exists? Until recently, I used nware3.12. I understood how to set up a remote printer then. <br>

I have added the printer name using pconsole, I have attatched it to a que. I then added the share printers and files client set through 98's control panel. Next I set the printer to shared using the 98 printers set up. I gave it the same name when I set up in pconsole. With a document already in the que, I rebooted the machine with the newly shared printer, then waited as nothing was qued through. Any helping hand would be appreciated.

Are you using the Novell Client or the Microsoft client? I have found the Novell client with \public\win95\NPTWIN95.EXE to be the best. But some times you have to trick NPTWIN95, if you have used the Microsoft Client first.<br>
If you have problems try <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and enter &quot;NPTWIN95.EXE &quot; the gates will open.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back