Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidprince

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
AU
My work computer is networked with two other office pcs. On Tuesday instead of doing a backup first I downloaded the Windows updates approx 20Mb. Some items wouldn't update and minor (or so I thought) errors occurred in the download process. Any way I proceeded to restart and everything appeared OK at the desktop. I then got on the internet and went to a couple of pages (just browsing). I wanted a bit of extra info at one site and tried to do a search on the site. The mouse arrow flickered and wouldn't allow the entry of any information. I moved around the rest of the site without any problem ( I highlighted various links and went off to those ).
Any ideas greatly appreciated ( ie can I undo the updates?)

If problems persist, and you wish to uninstall a patch, it should be possible to do so from the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

Have you tried re-running the updates? Are you on IE 6 SP1?

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Thanks for the advice. Problem was the Melissa virus and that my boss didn't have antivirus on his computer - which is part of the network!
Thanks again
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back