Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have changed my display settings in win 98 but now the screen is so big that I cant get down to the apply button to get it back to the smaller setting what do I do?

Shutdown/reboot to safe mode. It loads the generic VGA dirvers and will allow you to reset to VGA to make the next attempt. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Just to confirm what the previous reply said. You ned to restart by holding the shift key while booting and select "Safe Mode" You can change your settings there.

go into the control panel then go to the setting icon, and then from there click advanced setting. Then you should be able to fix all of your problems from there.

Quick key for apply is ALT+V.
Or just press enter for OK and ESC for cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back