Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 blinks power led when a user is logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les129

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
AU
I have a customer's machine that has a solid green led at all times except when a user logs into Windows 98. I am pretty sure this is a Windows issue since it blinks *only* when actually using Windows. The motherboard is an Epox EP-BX3.

I've had good look through the BIOS - no options for blinking in power saving mode, no such option in Windows PM either. When I log off of the system the power led goes solid again. Log in - it blinks...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hi

Are you sure that this isn't the hard drive activity light and the machine has little real memory, so is constantly swapping stuff out between virtual and real memory?

John

jrbarnett:

Thanks for your reply, but it's not the hard drive led. The power led blinks at a constant rate (twice a second) on-off-on-off etc independently of any IDE activity.

It's got me stumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back