Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 98 2nd edition Explorer Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KATHY

MIS
Jul 16, 1999
US
I have users w/ Windows 98 2nd edition, Netware 4.2 and Office 2000. Dell PCs Dimension - Four of my 250 users are experiencing lockups when using Windows Explorer one got a 1026 Error when using Explorer and trying to delete a file (network and local).  Anyone know a fix?

i've run into a similar problem, with Dell's as well.  I corrected the problems by going into the Configuration Utility and removing the drmonsmrt agent from the startup.  (I've probably butchered the name since it's not on my home system, but its pretty close.) Since removing it the systems have had no problems at all, it's even helped with the shut down problem.  I have found that not all systems have this in the startup, if yours does, give it a shot.  Good Luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back