Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 95 won't recognize my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzu

MIS
Feb 7, 2001
US
I have a 166 mhz IBM that I recently cleaned up and re-installed Win95 on. Now it won't recognize my IBM monitor as a 256, only a 16-bit or monochrome. I've tried going into Ctrl Panel/Display and changing the settings, but when it asks for the CD and searches it, it doesn't find anything. It's like the necessary drivers were not on the Win95 CD-ROM. Any suggestions? I've downloaded a couple of drivers off the IBM website, but it didn't help.

What Cd did you use to load it? Think IBM has the driver stuff in a separate area on their rebuild CD.
Problem is your video drivers and the fact that the IBM didn't automaticallyrecognize the chip set.
Would expect that you change drivers and point to the correct space on the rebuild cd. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

If it's an IBM PC-033, then try installing Windows 98 or ME. Both Operating systems contain a full set of drivers for this PC.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back