Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 95 USB Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JQUICK

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I am trying to install my ZipCD USB650 on Windows 95. I don't want to upgrade these computers to a new operating system, but I need this to work. I know that there is a Windows 95 that includes the supplemental USB files, but I have another computer here that I have successfully installed the CD-writer on under the same situation. I found a patch somewhere that allowed me to do it and I can't remember where I found it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

-Jonathan

yea you need to install a .exe file called USBSUPP.exe restart your PC and then install USBUPD2.exe and restart.....this will install what you need.
For this install you will need a couple of files that looks to the Win95 CD but they are not there.....you will find them at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
here are the exe files you need in a zip file...
" SuppUpdate/usbsupp.zip" this is the first file.

" SuppUpdate/usbupd2.zip" this is the second .exe file.

If you are haveing trouble there is some steps you can follow in this link......

PS...as there is a space in the URL above for the exe files, the link appears broken in this thread post, so copy and paste the link in inverted commas (without the inverted commas!!) for it to work....

hope this helps....
Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

Thanks alot. After a lot of searching, I finally found the files that I needed. I got the USB working but I still can't get the ZipCD working. For some reason, when it plug it in, it goes through the normal, "Add New Hardware" bit, but when you go back to the Device Manager, it says that the drivers are not correct. I contacted Iomega and they told me that it couldn't be installed under Windows 95(even though the one I was typing from had it installed right there!). It must have something to do with the little Compaq quirks that I habve heard about.

-Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back