Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 95 Taskbar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcobb

MIS
Dec 3, 1999
US
I have a user who every time they log in to the network multiple openings of their C: drive show up on the taskbar. There is no set number sometimes 2 sometimes twelve. I have looked in all of the normal startup places to see if something is loading these things on the task bar. Any suggestions??????

By looking in the normal startup places, did you also look for blank registry keys in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run ¦ RunOnce ¦ Run Services... I have mistakenly skipped over a blank key before...<br>
<br>
Also, does this only happen when logging into the network? What happens if you bypass the network login or startup with the computer disconnected from the network. If you do not get any folders opening might need to look into the login scripts. What type of network are you on?<br>
<br>
Let me know what you consider the &quot;normal&quot; startup place to see if I can come up with anything else... What shows up if you Ctrl-Alt-Del right after startup? Does it show anything running? If that doesn't show anything, try using a program called, I think, TaskMan2000, its a task manager to show all running processes in Win95 -- you should be able to find it on winfiles.com.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps,<br>
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back