Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 8 Enterprise and Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartialLaw

Technical User
Nov 5, 2012
EU
I have Windows 8 Enterprise and run Office 2010. It worked fine, then suddenly Outlook 2010 would not open. I could not open Mail (32bit) within Control Panel either.
I performed a full uninstall and installed Outlook 2010 only. Still no different. I removed Outlook and installed Office 2007. Outlook 2007 works great. I then decided to upgrade to 2010 again, in the hope that this would work. Office 2010 works, but Outlook 2010 has the exact same issue.
I've tried removing the profile via the registry also, but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas???

See if you can run the 2010 Inbox repair tool on your 2010 .pst file.

How to find and run the Inbox Repair tool in Outlook

How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007

The file you want it to scan is probably located at C:\Users\usernamexxxx\Documents\Outlook Files

Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office

Work with Office safe modes

Error starting Outlook: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window."

Why don't you remove everything "Office" and start again with just 2010.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2007 suites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back