Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 Drivers for HP printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2010
US
Hello all,

I have two Hewlett Packard printers that am having difficulty finding Windows 7 drivers for.

They are a Laserjet 4100 and a Laserjet P2015dn.

In general, I don't see much support for Windows 7 from the HP site.
We have a variety of HP's on our network, and this could be an issue when we move over to Win7

Any suggestions - Am I missing something?!?

Thank You All

TekSupporter
MCP, A+, CNA

Windows 7 has built-in drivers for these models.

I run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and the built-in drivers available for these models are:

HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6
HP LaserJet 4100 Series PCL5
HP LaserJet 4100 Series PCL6 (HP)
HP LaserJet 4100 Series PCL6 (Microsoft)
HP LaserJet 4100 Series PS

When Windows 7 is first installed, only a limited set of 'built-in' models is available.
A much larger set becomes available after invoking the 'Windows Update' button on the 'Add Printer' dialogue.

Most new LaserJet printers no longer have discrete drivers, but make use of one or more of the the Universal Print Drivers (UPDs) for PCL5, PCL6 and PostScript.

Thank You,

I switched out the driver a " Universal Print Drivers (UPDs) for PCL5" and it works line a champ on both my winxp and win7 clients.

TekSupporter
MCP, A+, CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back