Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 AND Windows 10 Windows Offline Files Sync/Staying Offline Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
The specific item I'm asking about is with a Windows 10 computer, although I know of at least one issue that involved both a Windows 7 and Windows 10 computer - same user.

The latest issue is where it seems like a user on a Windows 10 computer is stuck in "offline mode", as they cannot see the network folders and files, but rather they only see the folders/files that were copied to their local computer for offline mode. We tested this by my creating a test folder and file on the network, but they were unable to see it. He stated he had resolved all sync errors it said offline files had, but yet still cannot access the domain files (though connected to the domain). I advised as a quick attempt fix to:
1. Disable offline files
2. Reboot
3. Re-enable offline files.

Does anyone know of a better way to resolve the issue or even an alternative method for folks to use when needing to work on files away from network? We have several people who have to do some work while away at different clients / job sites and such, and then come back to work, connect to the network, and have everything sync up.

p.s. as I understand it, Sync Center / Offline files usually works the way it's supposed to. I only personally know of 2 problems.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back