Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 and Webi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaburke

Programmer
May 20, 2002
US
Hi,
We have a user who has Windows 7 who can't edit existing webi docs or create new ones. The webi tab gets closed and then Windows recovers the tab - back to InfoView. I had him change his webi preferences to use "interactive" for creation/editing, so it must be java related. I had him check his 'java -version' and he has the same one I have, which is 1.6.0_24. I am not having the issue.

Any ideas?

I suspect this may be an IE security issue. Have the user try adding the main URL to the BusinessObjects system to the list of Trusted Sites in IE - if you're not using SSL on your BO web server, you'll have to uncheck the option to require SSL for trusted sites. Save, close IE so the settings will take effect, the reopen it and try again.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to compare the IE security settings between the two workstations and make the one where it's not working look like the one where it is.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back