Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 7 and cllient access

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmd0252

Programmer
May 15, 2003
ok,, our older cllient access worked for the Vista PCs, but will not work for the windows 7 PCs, we are starting to get in. On the AS400 we are still at R5V2. We have migrated from the Edwards World to a SQL based software. But I still need to maintain connectivity to the Green Screen.. I can give you the error,, CWB.... if you need it. I can open a plain telnet session into the box,, and it does work.. of course keyboard mapping, etc, etc, stops that from being a viable alternative. Suggestions,, comments,, free software??
Any comments are taken..

tried install the V6R1,, will not install,, looking at the older ptf's to see where it is at. I have found that the MochaSoft product,, will connect, and the executable file size is very small.. Thanks for the Reply

Client Access straight off the V5R3 disk works for me under Windows 7 (beta version). The V5R3 Client may work with your V5R2 OS/400.
As for a free (open-source) alternative, I've used TN5250 from SourceForge. It's not as complete as PC5250, but is far better then regular telnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back