Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 7 & networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman57

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2010
CA
Hi
I recently installed windows 7 32 bit and try to configure to work with all our software. All well until I noticed that every time the computer goes in idle mode for 15-30 minutes I loose connection to the network drives(I mean the drives are still there but disconnected); if I go to command prompt and type net use it says drive "Z" disconnected; if I click on the drive it connect right away but if you have a program that is connected to a database you have to restart the program.
Thx
Cataman57

What value for Autodisconnect do you have set here?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters

This is an XP article (ignore the Fixit tool) but look at the manual amendments.

Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost

Removing or Adding Items to Your Persistent Connections List

Have a look at NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]

Net Use Command

Are there any Power Saving settings on the Network Card?

First thanks for the reply
I already tried that link and I've used ffffffff for both autodisconnect and KeepConn
As far as the network drives I mapped them with reconnect at logon
I forgot to mention that I am connecting to a W2003 server which is the domain controller.
thanks
Cataman57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back