Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 64bit hyperterminal solution wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoid101

Technical User
Jun 12, 2011
US
Can anyone tell me what is the best replacement for hyperterminal to use with windows 7 64bit OS? I like Putty but can't seem to find the 64bit version.

You can use hyper terminal on windows 7 this link explains how to put it on windows 7. I have used the method and just put the 3 files in a folder and then a shortcut to the exe on the desktop.

Thanks for the link, I have this information and if all else fails I will port over the files. I am still looking for somthing a bit more robust. I need the ability to log all,like PuTTy did in it's 32-bit build. you can do it with hyperterm but it's a bit messy.If you loose your connection you also loose the output.Yes?

xshell supposedly works, have you tried running putty in compatability mode?
If you have windows 7 professional or feel like hacking windows 7 home version you can install xp mode and run it as a virtual machine and use either hyper terminal or putty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back