Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 7 64 bit with Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossV

Technical User
May 22, 2006
US
My IT department is about to launch an image of Windows 7 in 64 bit format with office 2010. I have Desktop messaging client 5.00.41.112. The client works with 32 bit W7 but not 64. When installing the client on a 64 bit machine after about five seconds into the install it tanks and gives me an Error window that halts the install. The error is 2753 "nminst.ext? is not marked for installation.

I don't get the error on anyother operating system including W7 32 bit and XP. Any ideas? Is there a newer version of the client out that supports 64?
Thanks

1. Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as administrator | regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Then try to install it again and see whether that fixes it. If not repeat the steps again one more.

2. This error occurs when there is left over files from previous / Failed install. Run CCleaner or another reg cleaner

3. Get a new copy of desktop messaging client

I don't know about anyone else, but I was informed that Nortel is not supporting any software on the 64bit version. It will only support 32 bit.

Again, I'm not sure what everyone else is running into, but this is what I got when talking to GNTS.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back