Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 3.1 find function is automatically searching for all docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

softmchine

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
US
Other than the obvious advice to get rid of DOS completly. Its been quite a while since i messed with dos and a really long time since 3.1. Does anyone know why when I am in WinWord for 3.1 and goto find file it automatically searches for all *.doc files. I thought i remember it giving me a search field to type in the file name. At the top of the results page that pops up it says a path. Im thinking that might have somthing to do with it but i am not sure were to change the path. If you can help me god will bless you a thousand times over cause this is a christian brothers system at where i work :)

I think I remember that too...

Is there a Tools/options/paths or something like that?

You could always get a Word Perfect 5.2 to use (rotfl at my own humor, sad).
J

I dont have the pc infront of me but.... there was a tool/options i went to and did see some paths but not one for the search or find funcs. Also none of them matched the path that is shown in the find page. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back