Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2K Server User Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasdrury

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a SBS 2000 and have a few users locally and 9 that VPN into the server. Is there any way of keeping a log of when and for how long people were logged on for? - people work from home and we want to be able to monitor if they really are working on the files!

Cheers

Chaz

PS I know you can who is logged on in real time, but need it to create logs of this info really

You can in the Win2k auditing policies linked with event viewer.

Personally, I think this way sucks. I would love to know if I can do this with users on the network - but it seems that a 3rd party solution is the only way!

Good Luck,

Steve Hewitt

Does anyone know a third party application that will do all this - another application is fine..

Charles

I'd recommend doing a search on Google or something. I did some research a few months back, but most the stuff that was what I needed was pretty pricy (when you condsidor the cost of Win2k SBS and then justify the cost of auditing software!).

Steve Hewitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back