Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2K Domain Logon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPose

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
I just received a new computer and corporate had it set up to auto install everything upon boot up. When it came time to select my computers ID name, I did. It said that name already existed, kept on going asking a little more info and rebooted. When it came back up it asked me for my login, and password - however, it did not ask me for my domain. When I signed in and went to explorer to look for my corporate Lan locations, it would show me a single domain - not the 100 or so like it should.

How can I get the boot up sequence to ask me for my LAN user id, LAN password, and LAN domain? Not just local machine User ID and Local Machine Password?

Any info would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

If you have admin rights on the local computer you should be able to join the domain by going to My Computer> Properties> computer name. Or you could get the IT guys to do it.

Only a member of the Domain Administrators group can do the domain join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back