Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2012 R2 Active directory problem after applying GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

axilleas

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
GR
Hello to all

We have a single domain based on two DCs windows 2012 R2.
We added a gpo on domain tree in GPMC. I noticed that access to domain exchnage store stooped and immediately removed the GPO. But it was too late. It seems that has done some issues to Active directory.

All domain computers and member servers have lost introduction with the DCs. What I mean is that , instaed of the domain name ,on network icon, appears "network".
I removed and rejoined computers on the domain without problem but still the domain name is not come up. ONLY the two DCs have domain name on network identification.

All domain services (DNS,netlogon) are running.
My main concern is the exchange which I removed and rejoined on domain but network icon says "Network" Not the domain name ( Information store and exchamnge address is in "starting" mode)

I did dcdiag /c for DNS testing and failed on Delegation test
The error reffered to an oold dc that has been removed a year ago. Is that could be a problem for the whole domain systems to see: the domain ? I beleive ius the GPO taht caused the issue. But I am lost on wwhat that might be

Thank you for listening. Any ideas will be more appreciated.

Thank you for the answer

. Could I send you the GPO ?
It is about Windows 7 and has been applied to Dcs an exchange....

Go to your DC, click on the GPO in question, click on the Settings tab, and expand the policies it enforces. Then take a screenshot and apply to a post here.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Hello,

These are some screenshots of WIndows 7 policy

20190723_191817_w4vlbb.jpg

20190723_191244-1_ydjvld.jpg

20190723_190332_le6ymb.jpg

20190723_190305_axg2pj.jpg

20190723_190245_c6ifzj.jpg

I send policy in images .If you cannot view them send me any mai lof yours.

r
The error refereed to an old dc that has been removed a year ago"

How was the DC removed ? Through AD or just physically removed? .

Run dcdiag /c /v and netdiag on both DCs, output to a file

Dcdiag /fix....

Check you FSMO roles

You may have to do some manual AD cleanup.....

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

When i try to make a gpupdate /force that fails. I check the event viewer and says error 49 invalid credentials. But how that possible?

Axilleas....

First off, you posted twice over this issue.

You want others to figure out your issue but you did not clean up your original problems found in AD after running Dcdiag.exe

Personally I refuse to help any more as your willing to allow issues to remain in your AD which were there before you GPO issue, which could be causing it. Basically your doing problem solving back ass-ed, and you want help? Sorry I am not wasting my time.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back