Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2008 web server time bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

l310564

Programmer
Jun 18, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have been using a development version of windows 2008 for a couple of months as a web server running iis and PHP.

I decided that i had beter get a licence so purchased a copy of windows 2008 web server and did a clean install, reinstalling iis and PHP.

The only error i have is the format of the datetime being returned. It's in dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt rather than the normal dd/mm/yyyy HH:mm:ss (i.e 12 rather than 24h format).

I have been through and checked all the regional settings and even into the registry and they all say it should be 24 hour, even the clock on the task bar is in 24h. Having pissed around with PHP for about 6 hours nothing i did solved it I then tried creating a Vbscript file that displays the datetime in the default format and wow it's in 12 hour so it isn't PHP it's windows!!!!!

Firstly has anyone got any bright ideas if not can anyone recreate the problem as no amount of googleing reveals anything!

I think it might be a bug within windows 2008 web server eddition

thanks,

Hugh

If knowlege can create problems it is not through ignorance that we will solve them.

Isaac Asimov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back