Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2008 terminal services logoff script help required please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali147gta

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
GB
Hi,
I have a windows 2008 server box which has up to eighty terminal services sesssions connecting to it.

What I would like to do is each time someone logs off from a terminal services session is that all their IE history, temp files, recently typed URL's is deleted.

I'm thinking that this can be done with a logoff script applied with a GPO. But what would I need to put in the login script.

But being fairly new to AD & Server 2008 are there any explicit options in a GPO that could acheive this without resorting to creating a log off script ?

Thanks in advance for your help

iMachiavellian - think dissident

I would use user profile redirection (not the same as roaming profiles) instead. That way they get a consistent user profile regardless of where they log in, and the profiles are not stored on the terminal server.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCTS:Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back