Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2008 R2 Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk5

Technical User
May 18, 2004
US
I have a new windows 2008 R2 Print Server. i have created the queues manually on the new server(downloaded the required drivers). users are still connected to the printers from windows 2003 print server

few problems that i am seeing
1. when trying to connect to the print queue from a windows 7 Workstation, some of the queues are connecting but some are not.i get a message, "cant find the driver on the network". for the printers that have isues, i was able to send a test job from the server

2. the second issue i have, for the queues that are connected from windows 7, i am not able to connect to the queue from Windows XP, message says cant find the Driver.

i have Konica Minolta printers,Xerox printers and HP. for some of the konica i am using universal print drivers as i was not able to find 2008 drivers

appreciate all your help

Thanks
KK

kk5,

You don't install the 2008 drivers on the server, you install the drivers for the client OS's. Install XP and Windows 7 drivers for all your models of printers and when the client connects it can download the correct version.

john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back