Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2008 R2 loses connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jertek

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
US
My Windows server 2008 R2 loses network connectivity. I cannot connect to any other device on the network or the internet but I can remote desktop into the server. I loose connectivity after a couple of days. The only fix is to reboot the server but 2 to 3 days later I have to reboot again. If you look at the network connections it shows as connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Is rebooting really the only thing that fixes it? What happens when you repair the connection?

Are the power settings configured so that the network card sleeps?
This usually "breaks" the connectivity.

Lodlaiden

If [blue]you have problems[/blue], I want [green]source code[/green] AND [green]error messages[/green], none of this [red]"there was an error crap"[/red]

I have not tried repairing the connection because the connection looks OK (no X thru the connection. The power settings are configured to not allow the NIC to sleep.

Google SMB signing issues ( this is not referring to SMB 2.0 protocol, which can be an issue with old programs). As a default I disable SMB signing due to network connectivity issues.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back