Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server Remote admininistration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2004
US
Okay, Windows 2003 has caught me. How do I set up Windows 2003 Server (standard) so that I can use Remote Desktop Connection through a VPN so I can administer a customers computer. My other 3 Windows customers have Windows 2000 server which was easy to setup. This is my first Windows 2003 server customer.

Event Viewer gives me an event ID 1004
and:
--------------------------------
The terminal server cannot issue a client license. It was unable to issue the license due to a changed (mismatched) client license, insufficient memory, or an internal error. Further details for this problem may have been reported at the client's computer.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ------------------------------------
This is probably written up somewhere but I can't find it.

5 user license with server software, and 5 user CAL - Standard licenses, I am not using this for terminal server, just need to do remote administration

Uninstall terminal services would be my first step if you don't want to use it as a terminal server. at which point I believe you can have up to two contiguous sessions going at the same time.

Thanks PurdueTNT, that did it. Had to go into the properties of the server and allow remote control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back