Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Server Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumnone

Technical User
May 25, 2004
US
I'm trying to setup Windows 2003 Server Firewall on a 2003 Server hosting more than one ip address. The firewall rules(i.e. open ports, exceptions) seem to only support one ip address (if just the name is specified in the service settings). The rest of the ip addresses are completely blocked.

I can open two different ports on two different ip addresses. However, I can't seem to open the same port on two or more different ip addresses. For example, I can open port 25 on 192.168.0.1. I can then open port 80 on 192.168.0.2 (hosted on the same box). However, I can not open port 80 on 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. The settings will only open port 80 on one ip address.

I've tried adding duplicate services(ports). This results in an error, "The port number is already used by another entry. Please enter a unique port number." In the service settings I have tried adding multiple ip addresses seperated by commas, colons, semi-colons, etc. I don't get errors. However, it's still doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know how to open a port on multiple ip addresses? I've been going rounds with this for months. So I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back