Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows 2003 netstat ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

davez

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
Hi all a quick question for all the w2k3 gurus out there. When doing a netstat from the command line on my w2k3 server i noticed a line with the following (servername removed)
TCP xxxxxxxx01:4718 67-133-239-29.dia.static.qwest.net:ftp

reason i was looking at this as our internet traffic grinds to a halt at the same time each day and was looking around for a cause. Would this sort of line in the netstat results be of any concern?

All this shows is that the host has established an FTP data connection with this 67-133-239-29.dia.static.qwest.net:ftp.
You have to figure out if there is a reason for the server to do so, if there isn't any, you may need to block traffic from this particular host/network.
In order to find out if your network bandwidth is being chewed up, you should be checking your router/firewall logs instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back