Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatz

Programmer
Aug 8, 2001
US
Customer with a new server - Windows 2003. Shared DSL line via Linksys router. Before I installed the new server, everyone was on the internet fine. After installation, only the server gets on the internet - workstations can ping the internet (including by name - DNS is working), but that's it... telnet, http, pop3 don't work. Not the line - the server gets on. Not the router - I tried swapping it. Not DNS - that still works for pinging. I can get to the server just fine - logging in, file sharing, etc. I can also use the default web page on the server just fine as well as the web page on the router. But anything outside doesn't work.

Any ideas? I need help!

Small clarification. The Windows 98 workstations don't get to the internet as described above. A brand new XP Pro workstation gets on just fine (just like the server).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back