Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Display Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPHUNTER

Technical User
Nov 21, 2000
US
I just installed windows critical updates on my PowerEdge Server 2650 and now the 2650 has display issues. The problem started after the updates were installed and then I rebooted the server. Once rebooted the first thing I noticed was that the login screen was huge. Once logged in I found that all the colors, fonts, display sizes, etc were way off. I figured that it may have been a simple video setting but none of the usual fixes worked. I am unable to get the server to display properly and I am stuck on what to do next. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like the video driver got hosed. i would grab the dell driver disk and reinstall the driver first. did windows update want to install a new driver for it do you remember?

RoadKi11

Hello Roadkill,

I don't remember Windows asking to install an update for the driver. I was just doing the normal critical updates on the server as a on going maintenance project. Dell, does not have any drivers for the Rage XL PCI nor does ATI. That was my first thought was to reinstall the drivers. My display looks just like the link below provided by another user on this forum that is having the same problem. Look at this link.

On the settings tab do you have color depth choices or the ability to change the resolution? if you click the advanced button on the settings tab then click the adapter tab, what does it list as the adapter type?

Hello Everyone,

It looks like I might have to try repairing the installation. On this server, I am running active directory, exchange server, FTP services and a Web site. Will running the Repair CD destroy these services?

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back