Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 Chkdsk & You

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfuse

MIS
Dec 12, 2002
US
After scheduling chkdsk /f on my PDC I've run into a series of permission issues. It seems that the act of running chkdsk with the /f option has reset a good deal of permissions on files and folders.

Among other things our roaming profiles are now reporting "access denied" to clients attempting to log into the domain.

I've checked the permissions on the share (for the profiles saved on the server) as well as the actual directories of users experiencing the error, and verified and/or added the needed permissions to no avail.

Have you experienced this issue of running chkdsk /f on Windows 2003 and seeing permissions reset to defaults on files and folders? And if so was your resolution anything other than manually changing permissions back again? Also, any suggestions for fixing roaming profile access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back