Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2003 & DHCP Server Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjfusion

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2006
US
Hi,

I have a question. We have a network of 5 offices 4 branch offices all connected to Office #1 via IPSEC through a firewall. Right now all the dhcp is done by the firewall at each location. How would I go about having our main windows 2003 server here in office #1 assign DHCP addresses to all the other offices.

For instance:

192.168.1.x - Office 1 (did this already it works)
192.168.2.x - Office 2

etc. etc

Please help.

CJ

-CJ

I wouldn't recommend DHCP across a VPN because if the VPN is down they are dead in the water.

Fair Enough, if you are paying for T1s then why don't you convert to MPLS and ditch the VPN. What devices are you using for your vpn?

Good deal, I don't have any experience with Snapgear, however you should be looking for DHCP relay or DHCP over IPSEC.

We have sites all over the country and rest of world. We always have local DHCP servers. While the major applications might be hosted here for everyone, without DHCP the remote sites wouldn't even have internet access.

Good luck though,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back