Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
AU
Hi

I'm trying to set up a W2K server for use as and have run into a problem.

When ever I connect to the web site, I'm prompted for username, password and domain.

I've checked local security settings on the web server and found that the effective setting next to my web access account (IUSR_servername) is blank (local setting is fine).

However, I am unable to enter this account into Group Policy/ Domain Security Policy on the Domain Controller. The error message I get is..

"The following account could not be validated IUSR_servname (where servname is the name of my web server).

I have repeatly uninstalled and reinstalled the in the hope that it was a glitch that would work itself out. I have also refreshed/enforced group policy on the web server and the domain controller without success.

I'm well and truly baffled. Any pointers would be most welcome.

Thanks.

check the WEB site properties, and check how is the IUSR_servername access configured. A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back