Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 sysprep Disk cloning Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk5629

MIS
Apr 22, 1999
US
We sysprep all of our systems before creating images for systems with approximately the same hardware (HDD's might be bigger, more memory etc... but as far as the HAL and the MassStorage devices, they are all the same). We use the -quiet switch and a switch called -defeat. I know what the -quiet switch is for but I cannot for the life of me find anything out on the -defeat switch. If anyone has any idea what this switch is for and why it may be needed I would appreciate hearing from you. It isn't any big deal it just bugs me that we use this switch for our image creation yet no one can tell me why.

Thank You

There's a MS Knowledgebase article, Q196667, on the sysprep command switches. It looks like -defeat is used for systems with retail versions of MS software.

Hope this helps.

Renee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back