Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 SP2 and printer folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLSigman

Programmer
Sep 20, 2001
US
I have a user who's printer folder seems to be completely insane. It takes forever to load up the properties of a printer (all network printers), and double-clicking on "Add a new printer" gaurentees at least a 3 minute wait before it'll even start up. We can't print at all, and the wizard usually locks up and times out in the middle of trying to add a printer. Any suggestions? Thanks,

-jls
Jennifer L. Sigman
Information Resource Consultant I
SC DHEC - Bureau of Air Quality

I have dealt with this problem before and it ended up being a virus. Get some virus checking software and scan your machine. Its just a start.

We have Command anti-vitus software, with the very latest deffiles, and I ran it yesterday. It came up clean. That was my first thought, too. Any other suggestions? Thanks,

-jls

I have a similar problem and I know my problem can be resolved by installing SP3. Unfortunately on one user I am not able to install SP3 (project requirements) so I'm looking for another solution. The problem has occurred since installing some of MS Updates.

Please let me know if you come across any other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back