Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 SP1 on a SP2 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohazard

MIS
Jun 23, 2001
US
I know this question may sound silly to some of you down there, but I´m having an specific problem with my computer and I´m so sure that SP2 (which is the SP I have installed) is causing the problem, so I want to downgrade to SP1. I tried to run the setup but it pops up an error (and I understand that error ).

I don´t have the backup files, so I don´t have a entry in the Add Remove Programs option in Control Pannel to just uninstall SP2.

Is there any advise I should know to install SP1 on my SP2 W2000 Professional computer?

Remember.... Technically... ¡Everything is possible!

Biohazard

Do you still have the SP2 install file? If so reinstall SP2 with the Backup option then once that is completed uninstall it. What is the problem you are haveing? Maybe we can fix it. Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

I did that, but after SP2 is reinstalled, the undo option does not appear in Control Panel Add Remove Programs, aditionally, even if I get right into the Undo Folder it contains undo files for SP2, so even uninstalling I get SP2 at the end.

Any other Idea.

My problem is something you already hear about "Instruction at Address is ....... Memory could not be read "

I´m still thinking that.... Technically... ¡Everything is possible!

Biohazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back