Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norstarguru

Vendor
Mar 4, 2002
US
I have a Micron PC, 2000 Server, The IT Company that set it up originally partitoned and mirrored The main HD, Operating system 2 Gig, Database 7 Gig. Then mirrored it to another 9 gig HD, problem is I have run out of room for W2K Microsoft Updates, I have purchased another 60 GIG SCSI drive for the Server. What would be the easiest way to fix my problem? Do I reinstall the operating system? or Can I copy the information to a New Drive?

Basically your best bet would be a new clean installation on the new HD.
But, you could just add the new drive for data and make space on your C partition by uninstalling any applications which would have been installed on the C drive, and install them on the new 'E' drive. You can also move the pagefile to another drive.

hope this helps

how do I remove the partition on the HD 2/7, 2 OS, 7 Data

You have more options than this. If you don't want to resetup everything you can Break the Mirror. Then Ghost the partition of 2gigs to the 60gig. and copy all the data from the 7 gig to the rest of the 60. Or, you can just Ghost all of the 9gig with both partitions to the 60.

You could also partition the 60 as you want in advance and then Ghost the 2gig to a 5gig. Then ghost the 7gig to the remainder of the Hard Drive.

AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back