Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiredNDC69

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
I have a couple of questions regarding Windows 2000 Server and the "proper" setup/use of AD. Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong spot.

My situation is this. One of my clients is wanting to setup restriction on users to prevent them from accessing certain directories as well as changing certain windows items. I up to this point have not had to setup AD in Windows 2000 and have never taken the training to do so.

What I have is a very small network. 4 Machines all together. 2 Machines running Windows 2000 Pro and 2 Running Windows 98. I figured that using AD to control the usernames would be the best. That would allow me to set permissions unless I am mistaken.

If anyone has any better suggestions I would greatly appreciate the input or if someone know an excellent spot for one find an online tutorial on how to properly setup AD for the individual that doesn't have the time to take away from work now for formal training?

Thanks

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back