Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIndows 2000 server will not allow login

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehahn

Technical User
Dec 27, 2002
US
I have a small Win2000 server network. 9 PC, 5 Win2K, 4 new Dell WinXP Pro. I changed from DSL to Cable modem for ISP. All Win2K machines sign on to Domain, now only 2 of the original machines can sign-on to the Domain, all others can only sign on to the local machine, but can map the server drives and get at all resources off the server. I have tried many things, thinking it was DNS, or DHCP issues, the best clue I have is that there may be some security issues which only affect login on the Domain, machines were networked for the domain. MS-Knowbase suggested running "netdom.exe" to recreate the secure connections, but when I try, it tells me 'network path not found' and I can't do this, even though I am doing it from the server.

Am I on the right track? Or is 'netdom' a waste of time.
Thanks for any and all assistance.

Using ipconfig /all indicates all machines have DNS access. This is where I thought the problem was, not it appears to be some security issues, that is why I am looking at the 'netdom reset' command. But getting a 'network path not found' error, even though on the server command line.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back