Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows 2000 server policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkastinka

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
SE
We are in the process of getting SOX certified. What I need to do is get the policies from all the Windows 2000 - 2003 servers and then compare them against the new SOX policy before installing it. I have to see whats missing then create a baseline SOX policy.
I don't really know the best way to do this... Perhaps someone knows a productive way to get at the policies fast and compare/make changes?
a simple how too .. or a tool that could help me works too..

Super Thanks
Dave

Open a microsoft management console (start, run, mmc). In the mmc, click file, add remove snappin, add, security configuration and analysis. This is a good tool to compare security policies. If you have the sox policy as an .inf file, you can compare it against policies you have in place and it will show you the differences between what you have and what the sox policy is.

A+/MCP/MCSE/MCDBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back